We hope you and your family are in good health and spirits. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
Governor Murphy has announced that we can reopen our Dental Offices in New Jersey after Memorial Day.
We are happy to say we will be REOPENING our office Monday, June 1, 2020 on a new restricted schedule.
Due to new guidelines for dental offices that require spacing between appointments, we are calling all patients with existing and upcoming appointments from March 17, 2020 onward to reschedule with these new guidelines in place. Starting tomorrow, someone from our team will be contacting you if your appointment was one of those impacted by the closure, or if you have an upcoming appointment that needs to be rescheduled due to new scheduling protocols.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will ask you to stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment. Upon arrival, call or text us that you have arrived and we will communicate with you when we are ready for you to come inside. PLEASE wear a mask to enter the office!
- In an effort to comply with social distancing rules, we ask that only the scheduled patient come inside unless assistance is needed. All other companions are asked to remain in the car.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office, and a forehead temperature will be taken. If it is 100 degrees or above, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and other items that are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our Clinical Staff will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, as recommended by the CDC and OSHA.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as eliminate the use of our reception room.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient in our practice, safe. To make an appointment, please call our office at 732-730-2345. Please leave a message, and one of us will be reaching out to you in a timely manner.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you all back.
Dr. Najwa Jaber & The Smile for Me Team